Hi, Bold Bakers!
Those of you who have pets will probably agree, making healthy food for your best friends is as fun and satisfying as sharing homemade candy with your friends and family! With this in mind, I have prepared 3 delicious homemade treats for dogs!
I am a great lover of animals and dogs! I grew up in Ireland with dogs and since I moved to California, Kevin and I have been proud owners of the sweetest puppy in the world, Waffles. My dog Waffles is a 4-year-old Terrier Lhasa Apso mix. We rescued it 3 years ago from a large facility here in Los Angeles called NKLA. This organization rescues dogs from high killing areas and gives them a better chance of survival and a better chance of finding their home forever. We are very grateful to have it!
Products from Amazon.com
Price: Check on Amazon
Price: $26.94Was: $29.52
This recipe for yogurt and berry treats has all the natural ingredients you probably already have. Who would have known that strong yogurt and seasonal fresh berries could be combined to make the simplest goodies? To be honest, it sounds like my favorite breakfast …
You will love doing this, but the most important thing is that your pets will go crazy for them! Not only will your puppies love the taste of these treats for frozen dogs, but they also have many benefits for the health of your dog. The main ingredient in these treats, yogurt, works wonders for dogs.
With high calcium and protein content, yogurts with active bacteria can act as probiotics and are good for your dog’s digestive system, just as they are for you. As for the berries, as well as being superfoods for us, they are a good blow for your pets! All antioxidants and fiber have the same benefits for your dog’s body.
I can not wait for you to try this recipe. I love the idea that all my Bold Bakers share something homemade with their puppies! Enjoy!
This is not the first rodeo of my dog Waffles. Look Waffles and I making ice cream for dogs! And get more homemade treats for dogs!
Buy the dog bone mold that I used for these recipes on Amazon.com!
Read more: Homemade Coconut Milk Yogurt
Ingredients YOGURT AND BERRIES DOG TREATS
- 1 cup (8oz / 120g) of plain yogurt
- 10 strawberries, cut into cubes
- 20 blueberries
- In your dog, treat the mold or tray of ice cubes in your strawberries and blueberries.
- Spoon over yogurt. Fill evenly and smooth the top.
- Touch the counter to make sure there are no air bubbles and the mixture is evenly distributed.
- Freeze for a minimum of 5 hours or overnight.
- To remove the touch on the counter to loosen and then turn. If you have a problem, quickly run the mold in warm water to help free the treats and then turn them off.
- Store in the freezer for up to 3 months.