Hi, Bold Bakers!
Black Forest Gateau is a retro dessert; It is a popular flavor, both sour and sweet. The rich chocolate and the sweetness of the cherries make it a memorable dessert. And my Black Forest Gateau Frozen Yogurt is an incredible way to return this flavor in a bold way.
Frozen yogurt is many things. It is a gift for after school, a sandwich late at night and a dessert that scratches your sweet itch.
My frozen yogurts are made only with a hand full of ingredients and best of all, without an ice cream machine. No frozen yogurt machine means not having to worry about not owning an ice cream machine. I like to make recipes that are accessible to everyone as much as I can.
No homemade frozen yogurt machine means not having to worry about not owning an expensive ice cream machine. I like to make recipes that are accessible to everyone as much as I can. I do not have an ice cream machine and I guess many of you do not either. What I do have is a food processor. My food processor is used for a multitude of recipes in my kitchen and I love it. There’s not much I can not do, so when I tried to make my own version of frozen yogurt I knew I was up to the challenge. The results are a smooth and creamy frozen yogurt that has no rival.
Get more flavors of homemade frozen yogurt!
Tableau of the Black Forest
Serves: 1 pint
Ingredients for BLACK FOREST YOGURT
• 2 cups (16oz / 280g) of frozen cherries
• 2 tablespoons of honey (or agave nectar)
• ¼ cup (2oz / 60g) natural yogurt (Greek, no fat or fat)
• ½ teaspoon of fresh lemon juice
• 3 tablespoons toasted chocolate
1. Add yogurt, honey (or agave nectar), yogurt, lemon juice and ⅔ of frozen cherries in a food processor (or blender).
2. Process until creamy and even in color, approximately 2-3 minutes. Scrape the side of the bowl to make sure there are no lumps.
3. Fold reserved frozen cherries and toasted chocolate
4. Transfer to an airtight and freezer container and freeze for a minimum of 4 hours, but preferably overnight. Store it in the freezer for up to 2 months.